(Why we collect your personal data and what we do with it).
CERTAIN SHOPS LIMITED (Registered in England & Wales. Company no.5685386. VAT no. 880175810 Registered office 1 Bell Lane Lewes BN7 1JU) and its subsidiaries, (including STARTING OVER SHOW, ALTERNATIVE DIVORCE GUIDE, ALTERNATIVE DIVORCE DIRECTORY, BEST WAY TO DIVORCE, BEST WAY TO DIVORCE APP, FAMILY LIFE RESILIENCE and DIVORCE IN A BOX), whether trading as Certain Shops, or under another trading or brand name (the “Company”) takes its obligations to you seriously.
When you supply your personal details they are stored and processed for 4 reasons (the bits in bold are the relevant terms used in the General Data Protection Regulation – ie. the law):
1. We need to collect personal information about you in order to provide you with the service you require. Your request for our services and our agreement to provide those services constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we may not be able to provide the service.
2. We have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting the information, because without it we couldn’t do our job effectively and to your satisfaction.
3. We also think that it is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to the service we offer. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest,” but this time it is your legitimate interest.
4. Provided we have your consent, which constitues “Informed Consent,” we may occasionally send you information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw from this consent at any time – just let us know by any convenient method.
5. When a service or online product is purchased or subscribed for, which may include ongoing membership of a group, there is an obligation by the Company to continue to communicate and to send further resources or relevant information, as part of what constitutes “Performance of Contract“.
We will retain your records indefinitely in order that we can provide you with the best possible service on an ongoing basis, until such a time as you choose to unsubscribe.
We will never share your date with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people/agencies will have routine access to your data:
• Your [Coach/Counsellor/Advisor/Mentor in order that they can provide you with the service you have requested.
• Our reception staff, because they organise our diaries, and coordinate appointments and reminders (but they do not have access to sensitive personal information).
• Other administrative staff, such as our bookkeeper. Again, administrative staff will only have access to your essential contact details.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask us to erase your records.
At Certain Shops Ltd trading as Best Way To Divorce, Alternative Divorce, Family Life Resilience, Divorce in a Box or Starting Over Show, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our clients and our visitors to our web site. In particular, we want you to know that we are not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes. Below is a list of detailed information on when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it, the limited conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google or data gathered by any third parties via our website to make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website, and we only use that data to make sure the emails we send you on an ongoing basis, remain relevant.
Online data is stored via Infusionsoft – which is fully compliant with GDPR and keeps the data accessible to users to edit or unsubscribe – and has stringent data security in place. Data is never shared with other parties and is strictly for our own use to enhance the service we offer to our clients.
As part of the registration process, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold.
We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Of course, if you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent to what is referred to in the jargon as the “Data Controller.” Here are the details you need for that:
Controller’s Name: Suzy Miller
email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 07525059634
Address: 72 Medway Drive, Forest Row, E Sussex RH18 5NX
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.